SERVES: 4 | TIME: 20 mins. | SKILL SET: Easy
- 4 cups of fettuccine pasta
- 12 jumbo shrimp (cleaned, deveined, tails removed)
- 1/2 cup minced cooking onion
- 5-6 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring water to a boil. Cook pasta as instructed on packaging. I typically make fresh pasta for this recipe, but do whatever works best for you.
In a saucepan, begin to saute onions, once they begin to sweat, add in garlic. Toss-in shrimp for a sear on both sides and them remove. You do not want the shrimp to cook all the way through just yet.
Pour in Marinara sauce (I use Classico's Sweet Basil Marinara to speed things up), milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat. Add shrimp back in until cooked all the way through. Add in fresh Basil.
Remove sauce from heat and toss pasta into sauce until everything is well coated and serve.