SERVES: 4 | TIME: 60 mins. | SKILL SET: Medium
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- Half a red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado
- 2-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place sweet potato, red onion, garlic and thyme on a sheet pan, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
In a fry pan, toast pumpkin seeds over medium heat for 5 minutes or so. Do not add oil, salt or anything else to the pan. The seeds are delicious on their own. Dump seeds onto a dinner plate to cool once toasted.
For the dressing, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Once oven ingredients are done, let sit for minutes to cool. Remove sprigs of thyme.
In individual serving dishes, layer as follows: quinoa, roasted vegetables, dressing, avocado, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, parmesan cheese. Serve warm, also delicious cold.